A Proven Law Firm For Construction Law Matters
Every construction project has several moving pieces. From the initial planning stages until completion, dozens of parties are often present at a job site, and they often have competing interests. While much of this industry is based on relationships, the smallest disagreement can bring an entire project to a halt. This can increase the time, cost and other important aspects necessary to the matter.
If you work in the construction industry in any capacity, it is important to have an experienced construction law attorney in your corner if involved in a dispute. At McLeod Law Group, our lawyers handle a broad range of construction law matters for clients throughout the Western United States. Our clients include builders, developers, contractors, subcontractors, lenders, owners and other parties with interest in construction projects.
We Know Your Industry
Founding lawyer John J. McLeod has spent a significant portion of his legal career working on various multimillion-dollar construction claims. He’s gained a deep understanding of the matters present in these lawsuits. John and his team are well-versed in the legal issues faced by construction professionals as well as buyers and sellers of real property. The scope of our construction law practice includes:
- Negotiation and drafting of agreements using either AIA forms or manuscript agreements, as well as other types of negotiated arrangements (warranty programs, pre-suit claims, procedures, etc.)
- Resolving contract disputes between contractors and subcontractors
- Handling construction-related insurance recovery
- Mechanic’s liens for contractors/subcontractors who have not been paid for timely completion of their work
- Stop notices to freeze funds to ensure payment
- Delay claims representing either contractors or developers
We are a results-based practice. We take the time to meet with you, understand your goals, and then tell you what our lawyers can do to efficiently meet your needs. Whether this is a problem that impacts a small portion of the project or threatens to shut the entire thing down, we can offer you customized legal advice that helps you take the right steps to protect your interests.
A Law Firm That Speaks Your Language
Our vast experience in the industry across the Western U.S. on several multimillion-dollar projects allows us to immediately get to work protecting your concerns. For experienced advice and advocacy regarding construction law matters, call our San Diego law offices at 619-433-6682 or contact us online.