In 2021, a California appellate court held that an insurer’s duty to settle was subject to a reasonableness standard. In other words, when an insurer refuses to accept a settlement demand, that decision will constitute a breach of its duty to settle if it was an...
Month: July 2022
- Lawsuit alleges excess insurer failed to honor policy obligations
- How Do Courts Look at “Professional Services” for Insurance Purposes?
- False claims filed in Florida building collapse case
- Climate Change and The Impact on Construction Projects
- Excess Insurance Under CGL Policy: How California Courts Have Handled Horizontal Vs Vertical Exhaustion